The Grim Milestone of Blogs "I find the language and rhetoric coming from America too confrontational" - Prince Charles "Nuts" - Gen McAuliffe America: Saving idiots from themselves since WWI

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Mohammed's devil dog and magical cat live together in perfect harmony, in my house anyway

I've been researching Islam and animals for some comments over at Little Green Footballs. Little did I know I would discover a true odd couple living under my roof.
I've posted pics of my large black dog before. I'm not sure about the devil spots (see pic below and judge for yourself).
Muslim, Book 010, Number 3813:
Abu Zubair heard Jabir b. 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) saying: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) ordered us to kill dogs, and we carried out this order so much so that we also kill the dog coming with a woman from the desert. Then Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) forbade their killing. He (the Holy Prophet further) said: It is your duty the jet-black (dog) having two spots (on the eyes), for it is a devil.

Sure, why not? She can be a bit ill-tempered. If I were jihading (fat chance) I'd pick another house.

BUT, I also have Mohammed's magical cat? She's a tabby with a perfect M on her forehead.
According to one legend, the "M" marking on the forehead of the Tabby Cat was created by the prophet Mohammed as he rested his hand lightly on the brow of his favorite cat, a Tabby.


What could all this mean dear reader? F#(& if I know. The devil dog and Mohammed's magical cat get along pretty well.

No comments: