The Grim Milestone of Blogs "I find the language and rhetoric coming from America too confrontational" - Prince Charles "Nuts" - Gen McAuliffe America: Saving idiots from themselves since WWI

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Unfortunately I wasn't wrong

This is part of an e-mail I sent to Andrew Sullivan on March 18, 2004.
I plan to register and vote Republican for one reason: we need to win WWIII. That may seem hyperbolic right now. I hope I'm wrong.

What did I know? What 'secret' information did I use to predict global expansion of the jihad?

I understood that al Qaeda ("the base") was nothing more than a religious movement which appealed to Muslims based on their 'holy' texts. It's not rocket science. But you must listen to, and study, your enemy.

Islam (the accepted teachings) doesn't believe in nation-states, equal justice, gender equity, sexual freedom, secular law, democracy, virtually any trappings of modernity. Could it change? Anything's possible, but all signs point to no.

No comments: