The Grim Milestone of Blogs "I find the language and rhetoric coming from America too confrontational" - Prince Charles "Nuts" - Gen McAuliffe America: Saving idiots from themselves since WWI

Sunday, February 12, 2006

New species? You ain't seen nothing yet

New species? You ain't seen nothing yet
But for the “wow” factor, a treasure trove awaits beneath the sea. Winser, who has been on 10 expeditions, says: “If I was setting out as an explorer today, it would be the deep oceans I would want to work in. I never thought in my lifetime we would discover an entirely different lifeform. David Attenborough’s programme The Blue Planet showed worm-like creatures living off hydrothermal vents in the mid-Atlantic ridge. It shows you don’t have to go to the moon or into space to find something new.”

No comments: