The Grim Milestone of Blogs "I find the language and rhetoric coming from America too confrontational" - Prince Charles "Nuts" - Gen McAuliffe America: Saving idiots from themselves since WWI

Friday, November 25, 2005

I prefer the Guardian for my doomsday global warming news

Sea level rise doubles in 150 years
· Increase blamed on fossil fuel use since 19th century
· Cut in greenhouse gases futile, researchers say
Ian Sample, science correspondent
Friday November 25, 2005

The oceans will rise nearly half a metre by the end of the century, forcing coastlines back by hundreds of metres, the researchers claim.

You heard it folks. We may only have a hundred years to build sea walls a half meter high in some places. Is our advanced technological civilization up to the task? Only time will tell, and I doubt I have enough of it.

No comments: