The Grim Milestone of Blogs "I find the language and rhetoric coming from America too confrontational" - Prince Charles "Nuts" - Gen McAuliffe America: Saving idiots from themselves since WWI

Monday, November 28, 2005

A lie too far?

Now I'm just a simple country lawyer, but I recall the Senate voting it down by a wide margin.
By Peter N. Spotts, Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

MONTREAL - When the Kyoto Protocol took effect in February, many hailed the event as a significant political start in a long-term fight against global warming - despite President Bush's declaration in 2001 that the US no longer would participate.
Ke-rrect me if I'm wrong, but participating without Senate approval would have been unconstitutional exercise of Executive Branch power.

UPDATE: What'cha know? Wal, I reckon 95-0 means something, probably the same meaning as has been given the 1998 Iraqi Liberation Act in recent years.

No comments: